Sunday, December 14, 2008

Kids stuff...


I thought I was too tired to do anything yesterday.
All I wanted to do was sit on the couch with the fan blowing straight on me and watch DVD's to distract myself from the stinking heat.

When my friend's daughter called me asking if I wanted to go to the beach with her and her mum, all I really wanted to do was blow them off. Find some nice way to make myself sound busy so that I wouldn't have to get up off my arse.

But after hearing this little voice filled with school holiday boredom (already!!! Only 3 days in!!!), I reluctantly agreed to trawl through my bedroom to find my swimmers somewhere underneath the piles of clean washing waiting to be put away, and the dirty washing waiting to be washed.

BEST DECISION EVER!!!!

After stopping off at the supermarket, where it's inflatable pool toy time of year, and arming ourselves with a couple of inflatable rings and a few soft drinks, we drove on down to the beach and spent a couple of hours just floating away over the waves.

SOOOOO good!!!

To think that I live on an island and haven't been to the beach for ages.
What a crime!!

3 comments:

carmilevy said...

I love the sound of a relaxing time at the beach. You may have just inspired me to do the same on my end of the planet.

I think I need to move!

Tanya sent me, but I woulda come anyway. So glad you've reconnected with the blogging 'hood!

kenju said...

Are you serious??? I would be at the beach every day if I lived there!

utenzi said...

Damn, but I'm jealous, Olyal. Floating and bobbing on ocean waves sounds glorious to me. *sigh*